Defining your personal brand to connect with your audience
CONNECT WITH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
Your personal brand should match with the style and tastes of your niche. It should also exemplify the “final destination” in the customer journey that your audience seeks. For example, if your audience desires travel, you could include graphics, imagery or photos that showcase or mimic ideal travel destinations.
We’ll have a lot more content about branding in future modules, but to get you started thinking about it, here are a few questions and a homework assignment.
WHAT WORDS OR FEELING SHOULD YOUR PERSONAL BRAND PORTRAY?
HOW CAN YOU BE A “POSTER CHILD” FOR THE CHANGES THAT YOUR IDEAL CLIENT DESIRES?
The colors you use in your branding not only reflect your own preferences, they also communicate meaning in and of themselves. Here is a breakdown of what different colors imply to many people:
- Red: passion, agression, violence or power
- Orange: health, energy, warmth, excitement
- Yellow: sunshine, happiness, caution, optimism, cowardice
- Green: affluence, soothing, nature
- Blue: Cleanliness, loyalty, peace, trust, tranquility
- Purple: creativity, royalty, supernatural, magic
- Pink: tranquilizing, feminine, floral, love
BASED ON THE NICHE YOU SERVE AND THE BRAND YOU ARE DEVELOPING, WHAT COLORS ARE BEST FOR YOUR BRANDING?